Machine vision, also known as computer vision, is a field of technology that involves the use of computer algorithms and image processing techniques to enable machines to interpret and understand visual information from the world around them. Here are some common applications of machine vision:
- Quality control: Machine vision is widely used in manufacturing for quality control purposes, such as inspecting products for defects and ensuring consistent quality.
- Robotics: Machine vision is used in robotics to help machines navigate and interact with their environment, identify objects, and perform complex tasks.
- Security and surveillance: Machine vision is used in security and surveillance to detect and track objects and people, identify suspicious behavior, and monitor crowds.
- Healthcare: Machine vision is used in healthcare for various purposes, such as detecting tumors, monitoring vital signs, and assisting with surgery.
- Transportation: Machine vision is used in transportation for tasks such as autonomous driving, traffic monitoring, and license plate recognition.
- Agriculture: Machine vision is used in agriculture for tasks such as crop monitoring, plant health assessment, and livestock tracking.
Job opportunities in machine vision include computer vision engineers, software developers, data scientists, machine learning engineers, and robotics engineers, among others.