Artificial Intelligence is the study of building agents that act rationally. Most of the time, these agents perform some kind of search algorithm in the background in order to achieve their tasks.
- A search problem consists of:
- A State Space. Set of all possible states where you can be.
- A Start State. The state from where the search begins.
- A Goal Test. A function that looks at the current state returns whether or not it is the goal state.
- The Solution to a search problem is a sequence of actions, called the plan that transforms the start state to the goal state.
- This plan is achieved through search algorithms.